The $64 million performance space is the nation’s first stand-alone building designed for jazz. Its opening marked SFJAZZ’s 30th anniversary. In addition to our structural design, we also created an ad for the first SFJAZZ program! Look for it at your next event.
Congratulations to the team which included Mark Cavagnero Associates; Hathaway Dinwiddie; KPM Consulting; WSP Flack + Kurtz; KCA Engineers; Simpson Gumpertz & Heger; TEECOM Design Group; AECOM; Auerbach, Pollock & Friedlander; and SIA-Acoustics.
- Mercury News: $64 Million SFJAZZ Center Opens
- JAZZinSF: Timelapse of January 23 Red Carpet Reception, SFJAZZ Center Opening Night
- The New York Times: SFJAZZ Center Opens in California
- About.com: San Francisco Makes Jazz History
- The Wall Street Journal: The Building Sounds the Right Note
- San Francisco Chronicle: SFJAZZ Concert Hall – Upbeat Opening
- City Sound Inertia: Live Review: The SFJAZZ Center Opens with Style, Intimacy, and Stars in San Francisco
- Los Angeles Times: SFJAZZ Center Makes a Splash on Opening Night
- Dwell Magazine: A New Cultural Hub for San Francisco
- BeyondChron: “I Heard That:” SFJAZZ Center- The Talk of the Town!
- Mercury News: Review: Bill Cosby and a Constellation of Jazz Greats Perform at the New SFJAZZ Center
- KQED: Listen to Replay of SFJAZZ Center Opening Night Concert
- San Francisco Bay Guardian: Sacred Space
- AV Network: SIA Acoustics Puts SFJAZZ in a New Home
- NPR Music: The New SFJAZZ Center, As Seen by its Musicians
- San Francisco Magazine: An Architect with Jazz Hands
- Architectural Record: First Look: SFJAZZ Center
- San Francisco Business Times: Hathaway Dinwiddie Talks About SFJAZZ Center Construction
- San Francisco Business Times: SFJAZZ Center Unveiled in San Francisco
- Examiner: Birth of the Cool: SFJAZZ New Center
- San Francisco Chronicle: SFJAZZ Center – New Cavagnero Landmark
- NPR: SFJAZZ Center Opening Night: Live in Concert
- San Francisco Chronicle: 3 New Bay Area Halls Let Music Ring Out
Forell | Elsesser’s AOC Mono County Courthouse has received Engineering News-Record’s (ENR) 2012 Best Projects Award for a Government/Public Building. This $14.95 million civic building was a seismic design achievement. In addition to seismic issues, the building had to withstand an annual average snowfall of 35-feet. This fast-track project was delivered on-schedule and within budget despite a record snowfall of 55-feet during the year of construction.
Congratulations to the team which included Sundt Construction, Mark Cavagnero Associates, Gayner Engineers, AECOM, and Triad/Holmes Associates.
Forell/Elsesser has a long list of Government and Justice projects.
2012 Best Practice Award Winners were honored at the eleventh annual California Higher Education Sustainability Conference. The purpose of this conference is to highlight, reward, and promote excellence in energy efficiency and sustainability in higher education facilities.
Forell | Elsesser’s current California Maritime Academy (CMA) project was honored this year and our De Anza Community College project was honored in 2010 with the same award.
- Best Overall Sustainable Design 2012: California Maritime Academy Waterfront Dining Center
- Best Overall Sustainable Design 2010: De Anza College Mediated Learning Center (MLC)