Having worked on Athletic Facilities of all shapes and sizes, Forell | Elsesser has developed an industry acumen matched by few in the design and retrofit of these structures. Often large and complex in nature, many of these projects require innovative structural engineering solutions that go beyond the norm, but we wouldn’t expect anything less for buildings that house fans and teams that also push beyond the status quo.
Forell | Elsesser is always striving to provide service as excellent as the teams and individuals who will be using these structures for years to come. With engineering solutions that blend efficiency, speed, and strategy, we believe it is possible.
Athletic Facilities Projects
- California Maritime Academy Physical Education Complex
- Cañada College Kinesiology & Wellness Building
- College of Marin, Miwok Center
- College of San Mateo Health & Wellness Building 5
- CSU Sacramento, The WELL Center Expansion and Renovation
- Dominican University Student Recreation Center
- Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
- Millbrae Recreation Center
- Morgan Hill Centennial Recreation Center
- San Francisco Candlestick Park Repair Evaluation
- San Francisco Olympic Club
- San Francisco State University, Mashouf Wellness Center
- Santa Clara University Leavey Events Center
- Taube-Koret Campus for Jewish Life, Oshman Family JCC & Moldaw Residences
- UC Berkeley Aquatics Facility
- UC Berkeley California Memorial Stadium Seismic Upgrade
- UC Berkeley Haas Pavilion Expansion
- UC Berkeley Simpson Training Center
- UCSF Mission Bay William J. Rutter Center
How can the requirements for a sports facility and event center both be fulfilled?
When packed into a crowded, urban environment, how do you renovate an old gem while adding a new one?
How do you rebuild a historic stadium that straddles a faultline?
How do you stack large, active, open spaces so they are safe, yet don’t make a sound?