Architectural and artistic visions come in all shapes and sizes. Eric Elsesser, one of the founders of Forell | Elsesser, always stressed the importance of what he liked to call “the art of engineering,” and we continue to bring a sense of artistry to structural engineering solutions, especially when working with unusual structures.
Having worked with world-renowned architects and sculptors, we know how to customize our approach to match even the most unusual structures out there. If you can dream it up, we can make it a buildable reality.
Unusual Structures Projects
- Build Change Haiti Reconstruction Effort
- Congregation Beth Sholom
- Klamath Ferry Boat Tenant Improvement
- Red Bay Coffee
- Stanford University McMurtry Art & Art History Building
- The Yard at Mission Rock
- UC Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA)
- UCSF Mission Bay Whiteread Sculpture (designed, not built)
- UCSF Parnassus Ray & Dagmar Dolby Regeneration Medicine
When a country has been devastated by an earthquake, how can we help?
How do you build a state-of-the-art facility on the side of a hill, in a tight space, on a tight schedule?