- Forell | Elsesser provided design and construction services for this new 2-story 26,000 s.f. student dining center. The dining center contains a commercial-level kitchen and seating for up to 450 students on both the first floor and mezzanine levels.
- The second floor provides a large open plan which can accommodate up to 200 people or be divided into three separate meeting spaces. The structure is comprised of a concrete deck on steel beams with a steel moment frame lateral system.
- The project also included the renovation and seismic upgrade of an adjacent building to provide a new student bookstore.
Opened in 2013, the new Dining Center features stunning views of the San Pablo Bay from two stories and a mezzanine level.Customized Solution
- Architect: Flad Architects
- Owner: California Maritime Academy