Simin serves as the CEO and President of Forell/Elsesser. While building on the firm’s tradition of technical excellence and exceptional service, she takes special interest in advancing the firm as one of the most innovative structural engineering firms in the nation. Constantly striving to improve, Simin has reinvigorated the firm’s long-standing tradition of investing in Research & Development.
Simin is well recognized for her experience in the implementation of innovative seismic protection technologies such as seismic isolation, and has lectured internationally sharing her knowledge on the subject. She thrives on building strong relationships with clients and professional colleagues and applies this strength internally to foster a collaborative working environment. She enjoys design/build, large-scale, and complex projects particularly because of their intrinsically collaborative nature. With a history of managing both large and small projects since 1983, Simin also recognizes that the key to a project’s success is working closely with clients to create a customized solution to suit each client’s goals, whether that means attention to seismic performance, cost-effectiveness, or a fast schedule. Simin received a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Azar Abadegan in Tabriz, Iran, and a Master’s degree from the University of Michigan, in Ann Arbor.
When she is not busy with steering Forell/Elsesser towards success, Simin can be found hiking, cooking with her family, or indulging in her passion for music.
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (SEAONC), Fellow, Past-President
- Design Build Institute of America, Western Pacific Region (DBIA WPR), Board Member
- OSHPD Hospital Building Safety Board Member (HBSB), Former Member 2008-2016
- American Institute of Architects, San Francisco (AIASF), Former Public Board Member
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), Member
- San Francisco Planning + Urban Research (SPUR), Member
- California Preservation Foundation (CPF), Past Trustee