Simin Naaseh is a Senior Principal and former CEO and President of Forell | Elsesser. She is a recognized leader in the A/E/C industry and has devoted much time serving in leadership positions in many professional organizations. She thrives on building strong relationships with clients and colleagues and applies this strength internally to foster a collaborative working environment. She enjoys design-build, large-scale and complex projects particularly because of their intrinsically collaborative nature. With a history of managing both large and small projects since 1983, Simin also recognizes that the key to a project’s success is working closely with clients to create a customized solution to suit each client’s goals, whether that means attention to seismic performance, cost-effectiveness, or a fast schedule.
Under her leadership as former CEO and president, Simin deepened the firm’s traditions of technical excellence and exceptional service and reinvigorated its long-standing tradition of investing in research and development. Simin’s special interest in advancing the firm as one of the most innovative structural engineering firms in the nation is shared by the new generation of firm leaders who continue to advance this goal. Simin is invested in mentoring the firm’s young staff, with an emphasis on supporting women and minorities to develop as leaders in the firm. Simin received a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Azar Abadegan in Tabriz, Iran, and a Master’s degree from the University of Michigan, in Ann Arbor.
When she is not busy with contributing to Forell | Elsesser’s success, Simin can be found hiking, cooking with her family, or indulging in her passion for music.
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (SEAONC), Fellow, Past-President
- Design-Build Institute of America, Western Pacific Region (DBIA WPR), Board Member
- OSHPD Hospital Building Safety Board Member (HBSB), Former Member 2008-2016
- American Institute of Architects, San Francisco (AIASF), Former Public Board Member
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), Member
- San Francisco Planning + Urban Research (SPUR), Member
- California Preservation Foundation (CPF), Past Trustee