As an Engineer at Forell/Elsesser, Mara works on a variety of projects for both new design and existing projects and is eager to develop experience in seismic design and retrofits. As a co-captain of the UC Berkeley Seismic Design Team, she gained experience with design and analysis and led the team to second place finish in the 2014 EERI Undergraduate Seismic Design Competition. In her undergraduate career, Mara also assisted with research related to the testing of older steel concentrically braced frames during an internship with Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research (PEER) Center. Mara received both her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from UC Berkeley.
In her free time, Mara enjoys playing musical instruments and board games. She also loves hiking and camping in the Eastern Sierras.
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (SEAONC)
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI)
- American Society of Civil Engineers, San Francisco
- San Francisco Planning & Urban Research Association (SPUR)
- 2014 SEAONC Scholarship
- 2014 AISC Education Foundation Scholarship